Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Variation on a Tag Card

I got the idea the other night as I was trying to fall asleep: why not do a tag card as a folder instead of an accordian fold? I was excited and looking forward to having some time today to put it together.

I grabbed a bunch of papers in red, black and white as those are the colours of my friend's house. I used the Making Memories envelope template, leaving off the top flap, and made 5 envelopes. I put them together with the seams together. I used ribbon to lace the bottoms together and put eyelets in the tops. Ribbon was used as a closure. And then time to add all the fun stuff! The top corners were rounded with my corner punch.


I made the tags using the large tag card template from MM. I also used a small tag template to make small tags of contrasting paper to decorate one side. I used various stamps to decorate the plain cardstock under the decorated mini tags, all with white ink.

I also put a paperclip at the top of the tag, using both more regular design and square ones to make it easier to pull out the tags.

Recipe:
Stamps: Kelly Panaci flowers and swirls, All Night Media heart, paisley
Ink: Colorbox white
Papers: DCWV variety of black, white and grey designs, strawberry paper, red cardstock, white cardstock, black cardstock
Other: variety of paperclips, variety of brads, checked ribbon, black adhesive ribbon, red ribbon, dimensionals, "happy birthday" rubon set, MM flower with crystal brad

No comments: