Saturday, March 22, 2008

One Sheet Wonder













I finally finished my OSW! I know usually only a couple pictures are taken of the whole lot, but I really liked all the cards! I got my initial inspiration from Melanie Muenchinger's card. I had a fab piece of paper from The Paper Company that was white with black velvet flocking, and I remembered a very old stamp I have that my mother actually bought but which ended up in my collection. We both know who will actually use it! So I did one card. Then I looked at the paper, looked at the stamp, looked at my single card and thought I might as well use up the paper and make a set! This way I could give it as a gift.

And once I'd thought about giving it as a gift I remembered the awesome gift set Amy Rysavy made and showed on her blog, especially the customizable sentiments she included. I had to improvise a bit since I didn't have a set of sentiments stamps or a cuttlebug, but a marvy punch, xacto knife, and a Sakura glaze pen worked not bad. I also used her idea of glue dots on the back stuck to the paper they come on to make them removeable. This didn't work as well for me as I'd hoped as I had some serious problems getting my Terrificly Tacky Tape to stick to the backing paper, but it seems to be holding on for the moment. I'll make an envelope for it to protect it. I also chose to leave three circles blank to let the person add in what they need. I may turn one of the blanks into a birthday sentiment as I realized after I finished last night that I hadn't included anything for a birthday, but I like leaving options. Two of the cards already have small sentiments on them, meaning that they could get a sticky also, or not. Lots of options.

All in all I had fun! Not sure who I'll give it to as most of my friends are just not that likely to send cards, but I know I'll think of someone eventually!


Recipe:
Stamps:
dried flower bouquet by Crazy Stamps Ltd. (small company out of Alberta)
Ink: black and white by ColorBox
Paper:Black Velvet Flocked Floral by The Paper Company, black and white cardstock
Other: dimensionals, black and red brads by MM, buttons, black satin ribbon by Offray, thin red ribbon, triangle crystal stickers, white Sakura gel pen, black Sakura glaze pen, brushed pewter square brads by MM, mini Glue Dots, Terrifically Tacky Tape, red satin ribon by Offray, red heart brad, large white satin ribon from my remnant pile, black and white EP.

Hope everyone has a great day! The sun is shining here, even if it is chilly outside, so it's time to do a bit of homework, some cleaning, and definitely my hot cross buns!

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

These are so BEAUTIFUL!

Debbie Olson said...

LOVE the black and white--so classy! Great job on your OSW!

Julie Koerber said...

This rocks! I love the contrast. My kinda cards! I'm going to have to try these layouts! TFS your OSW! LOL! Can't get one more acronym in....sorry!! :-)