Saturday, March 1, 2008

Easter card!


Well, today has not been particularly productive unfortunately. One of those nights when I just did not sleep well and got to pay for it. But I have new cards!
This is the Easter card I made for my grandmother. I built it around the basket and egg stickers, a Jolees for You kit I bought specifically for this. I started looking at all my papers trying to find bright and fun papers. I love the glitter paper from my DCWV stack. Fun new ribbon also added a good twist.
Recipe:
Stamps: small flower
Paper: stripes from DCWV stack, pink cardstock, blue cardstock, yellow cardstock, white base card
Other: green ribbon, Jolees By You Easter stickers, glittery brads, Making Memories ribbon, black Sakura glaze pen
The only thing I really did today so far was to finally work on my carousel box again. I bought a fab set of 3 nesting containers from Omer DeSerres a while back and finished the smaller two but had kept the biggest for myself. I decided I wanted to decorate it like a carousel since I love them. I used to demand I get to ride on them as a kid (especially since I am not a "ride" person). I picked out some wonderful papers, chose coordinating paint, got the bottom done and some of the lid, then nothing happened. I also found a cute carousel horse colouring page online and printed it out and coloured it in with watercolour pencil crayons. Once it was colour-photocopied onto acetate and traced the outlines with Crystal Effects, I cut out the horses but wasn't quite sure where to go from there. Today I got the horses mounted on white cardstock, got gold stick and peel bars put on for the poles, and got the horses stuck on the box. Then I put more paper on the lid and stared at it. Now I'm stuck. I need ribbon for finishing up the lid, possibly some flowers, not quite sure, but my next trip to Scrapbook Centrale is weeks away! Their wall 'o ribbon is so nice I want to pick something from there. Oh well. The box will just have to wait a while longer. I'll post photos when I get it done.

No comments: