Sunday, March 30, 2008

Circles, Circles Everywhere!

I have seen a couple cards ( here and here ) that include an arrangement of 4 circles (although Taylor's includes one square instead) and I liked the look of it. Of course, that meant I had to try it out myself!

I punched out 4 1.5" circles from cream cardstock and immediately knew I was going to use more brown polkadot paper. I love this stuff and will have to get more when I run out. I also wanted some brown cardstock underneath although I did not quite have the shade I wanted. Not sure exactly what I did want, but I never seem to have quite the right shade of brown. Oh well. The corners of the polkadot paper were cut using my circle punch. Not perfect, but not too awful. That will take some practice.

For the stamps I grabbed a VERY old set I have from All Night Media. It is one of those sets of numerous small stamps that were rubber mounted on foam and you put a sticker on top to identify the stamp. Needless to say all the stickers have fallen off. I love that there are multiple cat stamps in the bunch! This sleeping kitty was just too darn cute! And the paw print too appropriate. I stamped them both in brown ink, then put a bow in one circle and then just a plain greeting in the other. I finished it off with some scalloped edges and shimmery yellow brads.

For some reason the finished product reminds me of old men's dress shoes, or even women's saddle shoes. I think it's just the cream and brown together. But I like that edge of retro feel.

Recipe:
Stamps: sleeping cat and paw print by All Night Media
Ink: dark brown by ColorBox
Papers: brown polkadot, brown and cream cardstock
Other: 1.5" circle punch, brown polkadot ribbon, brown fineliner, yellow shimmer brads, scalloped edge scissors, white gel pen

1 comment:

Silli said...

very pretty! I love the colors and the circels...and...and...and...:-)