Saturday, March 1, 2008

CASEs






So I have found a few more cards that I just had to try in my trips through blogs and galleries. The first one is this criss cross card by Stampin' with Sugar. I loved the little details she added with the faux lace edging. I wanted to use it as an insert for a present for my friend Rhonda. I decorated a box for her and have found various little things to put in it. Each little present is individually wrapped so I wanted a little card "explaining" each present. (The first present is a set of 3 coasters I made to "protect" her tables.)

The card also gave me a chance to play more with my new set of clear flower stamps by Kelly Panacci. I just love the set.

Recipe:
Stamps: Kelly Panacci flowers and swirls
Ink: merlot by ColorBox
Paper: Red cardstock, black and white swirl and floral, white cardstock, black cardstock
Other: crystal brad, black polkadot ribbon, edge scissors



My other CASE comes from Nichole Heady. She had CASEd a card she received and I loved the idea. I've seen a few other cards done with squares of different papers and I just liked the idea of using small pieces since I usually use large chunks of designer paper. I also had a great excuse to dig into my packs of Japanese paper scraps that I adore but don't use nearly enough. I looked to find some papers that would go well together and pulled out these 4 different pieces. And tada! I am not quite sure what sentiment to put on the card yet but I'll figure it out. I'm also waiting until I can buy new pale yellow and white gel pens. All the ones I used to have disappeared or died of old age! But this design is just so easy, just like Ms. Heady said! Done in minutes and the thing that took longest was my inability to draw and cut a flower that looked less squished.

Recipe:
Paper: variety of Japanese scrap papers from Paper Umbrella and a store in Ohio, pale yellow cardstock, brown cardstock
Other: antique bronze eyelets, small flower punch, crystal brad, dimensional squares for under the flower, black fine tip sharpie.

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

This is Beautiful!