Sunday, March 2, 2008

Clearly a CASE


I have to say I had a really good day today. I woke up feeling rested, got at least some reading done (still a bit more to do for my class this week) and went for a walk over to Omer DeSerres. The only blot was that the sidewalks were more like slushy puddles today so my boots were rather soaked by the time I got home. But it was just too nice to stay inside!


I even got a card made! When I saw such a wonderful card on Thinking Inking I had to try it for myself. As I didn't have the stamp that was used I pulled out my Sharpie markers and gave it a shot. Sadly the brown is a bit too red for what I wanted, but it turned out ok. I also replaced the Liquid Applique with quilled circles. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I put a small message on the back and now I can customize it whenever I want. Check out the original for instructions!

Recipe:
Papers: blue cardstock, Chenille by BG, white cardstock
Other: blue button brads, brown and green sharpies, white quilling paper, flowered ribbon from Michael's, sentiment sticker

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Beautiful Card - Great Job!