Friday, April 4, 2008

WSC42


Today was less than stellar weather-wise. Although they predicted rain we got snow. Big, fat, fluffy flakes of snow all day. Yuck! It melted as it hit the ground, but I was still very disgusted. Luckily I had some card ideas to cheer me up!

I really liked the samples people had done for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge this week and I finally felt inspiration hit me on it! I pulled out two papers I have from LilyKate line by BG. I just love BG papers! The colours work much better in person. I should stop taking pictures at night in my appartment because the light is just not conducive to it, but I was too excited to wait! The colours are paler than they appear, more muted. I pulled the green from the bamboo paper to use as a mat for the two pieces.

The birds are by Jolees Boutique and were just too perfect. I was trying to figure out if there was going to be ribbon and then I remembered some old lace I have. It worked great. I used a pink safety pin to gather it a little bit to put on the little message tag. The primas were a last minute add but they just added what I was looking for. I love how the card turned out!

Recipe:
Paper:
Bamboo and Chenille from LilyKate by BG, cream and green cardstock
Other: pale pink/lavender primas, tiny yellow button brads, birds by Jolees Boutique, old lace, pink safety pin, antique gold eyelet

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Kira!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Love the papers you have used and the whole card looks gorgeous :)