Saturday, April 12, 2008

Purrfect for Grandma


Can you tell I was waiting anxiously for my Bella stamps? I already knew which ones I was using for which cards and everything.
This card is for my grandma for Mother's Day. Although my grandma has never had cats she has always appreciated the ones my mother and I have had. She thinks Book is just quite adorable and always tries to interest Book in some play time when they are together. She sent me a very adorable kitty card for Valentine's Day this year too. All that leads to the fact that a kitty card for my grandma worked just great.
I stamped the image on plain white cardstock and coloured it in with watercolour pencil crayons. Then I went over the shirt, shoes, and bow in her hair with my Stardust glitter pen. After looking at the cats they really didn't seem to stand out enough, so I stamped the image again and coloured the cats, one to look like Book and one to look like my mom's cat Percy. I cut out those cats with my fine scissors and put them on thin dimensionals. They stand out much better now, at least on the actual card. I decided that book should be sitting off the edge of the mat for visual interest and simply because it looked odd with all that extra white space.
I picked up this fab DCWV paper during my excursion to the LSS. The hearts are very shiny and glittery, hence the reflection, the base paper is creamy. A nice contrast. I punched out two scallops with my circle punch, one at the top and one at the bottom, then covered the rest with the matted Bella. Felt hearts from DeSerres finished it off, stuck on with Terrifically Tacky Tape, and a little sentiment in dark brown pen.
Recipe:
Stamps: Kittycattabella
Ink: black by ColorBox
Papers: Hearts and Paws by DCWV, blue and white cardstock
Other: watercolour pencil crayons, Sakura Stardust pen, dimensionals, felt hearts from DeSerres, brown fineliner
The day here is decidedly grey and dreary, but hopefully I can get some work done on my research paper and maybe some cards too! Yay for Saturday!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Great card for gramma!! Dreary day today and tomorrow!! Fabulous for stamping though...