Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bellas!


Things have been very busy here for me and I just had the last night of class of my degree! Whoohoo! Moreover, I finally have my Bellas! The ice under my car finally melted so yesterday I charged up the battery with a wonderful little Black&Decker booster I bought and away I went. If you are one of those people who has a bad habit of leaving lights on or is nervous about winter time stuff, this thing is worth it. It fits in most glove compartments and you do not have to open up the hood and stand outside to charge the battery! You just plug it into the 12v power outlet (the cigarette lighter outlets). Super easy.
So with a charged up battery I finally made it to Scrapbook Centrale. This was, of course, a dangerous expedition for my credit card. But so many yummy things to go with my new Bella stamps!
This card is my mom's card for Mother's Day. My mum was a reference librarian and it is thanks to her that I am a total bookworm, so this was the perfect Bella for me! And for her! I used colours I happen to love for the Bella's clothes and discovered I'd bought new paper and glittery flowers and little bubbles that matched perfectly! Yum. I pulled out some of my glitter glue to spice up the top edge of the bottom paper with the sentiment. I also used my Stardust pen on the work, the flower on the Bella's shirt, and the flowers on her glasses. My mother is not notably a glittery person, but it was just too much fun!
Recipe:
Stamps: Bookwormabella
Ink: black by ColorBox
Papers: MME Spirit "Bright Electric Glow/Lime, blue and white cardstock
Other: blue glitter glue, Heidi Grace designs glittered flowers, Hannah's Story Rain Dots by Cloud 9 Design, watercolour pencil crayons, Stardust glitter pen, black fineliner
Can't wait to play more with Kittycattabella, Jammiebella, and Sweet Baby Pea Bella! Not to mention my new owl stamps by Sassafrass Lass. And all the new papers! And decorate my new card box. So much fun stuff to play with, so much time that I should devote to a paper. Oh well, the paper will get done but so will some cards!
Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: