Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Woohoo!

Well, no new cards to share today. I was a little busy as I did the language exam for my degree today. I was assured time and again by the Graduate Program Assistant that it was no big deal, easy to pass. Basically you get a page with an excerpt from some text in French on the religion you study. My supervisor, for the record, gives the most to translate. 5 paragraphs may not sound like much, but it takes a while if it is a relatively sophisticated text and your vocab is only so so. I love my monster french/english dictionary. Anyway, 2.5 hours later I handed in my handwritten pages and called it good enough. Most of it actually made sense! I won't hear anything for a couple weeks as my supervisor is away.

On a side note, I hope I get at least one more card in but I am going on vacation starting Friday. I'm going to visit my parents and all my friends back home for a couple weeks. Also getting my wisdom teeth removed so I'll get nice pain pills and everything! So hopefully I get another card done and posted, but if not, I'll be back after May 18th! My blog surfing will also be non-existent because there are just too many things to do in 2 weeks with people I am away from too much! Looking forward to moving home next year!

Cheers to all!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Have a fun vacation and take care of yourself with those teeth!!
See you when you get back!!