Friday, April 11, 2008

Sweet Pea


Who could resist such a cute little stamp?! I had to get the Baby Bella Pea for the occasional baby card I make, and also just for random cuteness! Afterall, my mother used to call me Sweetpea.
This is a card for the daughter of my parents' friends. This will be her (and her hubby's) 2nd baby, the first was a girl and this one is a boy. A matched set! I sang at this woman's wedding so making a baby card definitely seems appropriate. I had made a card previously based on a design I'd seen in a mag (sorry I don't remember who did it or which mag) that was a square card with the front cut diagonally and a medallion in the center. So I wanted to do a variation on it. I cut a regular square card then measured out all the lines to make it concentric squares. The base card is the yellow cardstock. Then I drew the diagonal line and cut off the edge of the yellow cardstock on the top right side.
I grabbed some pretty green paper I got JUST for this card and used the piece I cut off as a template to layer it on the front bottom left corner. The inside of the card is covered in the green paper so it peeks out. Another square in the middle, but I had to rotate it. Alas I hadn't totally thought out the corner rounding before I cut out the green edge on the front, but it still looks cute. I used the baby stamp to cover up one square corner. The baby was coloured with watercolour pencil crayons then put on dimensionals. I freehanded "sweetpea" on more yellow cardstock and put it on dimensionals also. The blue ribbon I also got just for this card (and now I have it for lots of other cards!). I cut two slits so I could loop it through and tie a bow. And voila! A relatively simple card (other than my having to measure things which is somewhat risky!) but there is just nothing I want to mess with on it.
Recipe:
Stamps: Baby Bella Pea
Ink: Dark green by ColorBox
Paper: Mint Dot by BoBunny, yellow cardstock
Other: Watercolour pencil crayons, dimensionals, spring ribbon by American Crafts, green fineliner
Hooray for Friday, even if the weather is pretty grey here!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Rainy here too!! What a sweet card! Love it ***

Heather said...

Lovely baby card- the little face is adorable!