Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Whole Bunch of Cards

Well, I have been a busy girl, at least over the weekend, and I got quite a few cards done. So much fun playing with all the Christmas supplies I've been hoarding!

This card is the simplest I've made in a long time, but I absolutely love it. Some sparkly paper, some glittery letters by MM, and a couple holly leaves with berry brads, and voila!

Recipe:
Paper:
Imaginisce Candy Cane Lane/Polar Pinstripes
Accessories: Fa La La red shimmer stickers and hollyberries by MM.


This card is a bit of a deviation from my usual Christmas fare in that the colours are very obviously not ones associated with more traditional Christmas stuff. In fact, the papers and ribbon are not Christmas ones, but I thought the presents were appropriate. I used one of my favourite stamps for this. The image is the three cats in a line and the sentiment underneath but I masked and stamped each cat individually and broke up the sentiment. I purposefully did not center the cats in the circles as cats are not known for holding still and being perfectly framed, especially when they are feeling proud of their present deliveries. I accented the crowns with a quickie glue pen and some gold EP, and added some sparkle to the "presents" with a Sakura Stardust pen.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Wise Siamese by Stampendous
Inks: Brilliance Graphite Black
Paper: shimmery blue Bazzil cardstock, white cardstock, American Tradition Designs "Celebrate Gifts"
Accessories: Sakura glaze pens, ribbon from Michael's, quickie glue pen, sparkly gold EP, crystal accents, Sakura Stardust pen.


I saw this peppermint candy wreath by Stampin' Bella and fell in love. So darn cute! I used a red Sakura Glaze pen to trace the swirls in the candies, then coloured over the white areas with a white glaze pen to make them look more like candies. The image is popped up on dimensionals. The blue cardstock is embossed with swirls that echo the swirls of the candy.

Peppermint stripe paper and candycane stripe ribbon seemed the perfect compliment. The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals and "sweet" is written in red sakura glaze and got an extra burst with a stardust pen. Little red crystals worked just right. The little sugar brads just seemed too good.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Minty Wreath by Stampin' Bella
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Papers: white cardstock, Swirl Blue cardstock, Anna Griffin red and white stripe
Accessories: candycane striped ribbon, red crystals by
me & my big ideas, Doodlebug sugared brads, sakura glaze pens, sakura stardust pens, dimensionals

More cards to come! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments: