Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Look and a Scarf and Pin!

As you might notice, I gave my blog a makeover today. I am feeling a bit frustrated at not being able to completely do what I want due to a lack of knowledge of the code, but such is life. Can't have everything exactly the way I want it without putting in the time to learn. I'll stick to easy for the moment!

So I thought I'd share a scarf I knit that I am giving to my mother for Christmas. I hadn't knit since I was maybe 12 or 13 but during my vacation my mom and I found some fabulous yarn and a scarf pattern and I decided I want to try to do it myself. That meant, however, doing a practice run. This scarf is the practice run. It is just a plain knit, no purle or anything. We made two slits in the scarf so you can interlace the ends as shown. It is quite short, but still cute. Just plain blue yarn


As you can see, I wanted to put something on the overlap to decorate it. I had been planning on making a pin of some kind, initially hoping to find some glass or plastic that I could use stained glass paints on. Then I saw a new tutorial on SCS for making paper pins and I thought it was a fabulous idea! I pulled out my new Stampin' Bella "Group Hug" stamp. I just love the little snowmen! I stamped the image 3 times, coloured each version with watercolour pencil crayons, then cut the layers and covered them with Glossy Accents. I'm not sure of all the differences between that and Uttee or Crystal Effects, but it is not quite as hard as I would have liked. Hopefully with top and bottom of each layer covered in it it will stay stable enough. Dimensionals between layers, a pin stuck on the back with more Glossy Accents, and done. I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

Hope everyone is having a good week! More Christmas cards coming!

No comments: