Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ornaments Galore!

I have a couple more cards to share that I am very happy with. The first one uses some lovely ornament paper by Anna Griffin. I was feeling inspired by Dawn McVey and her style so that is how I started out the basic layout.

I love ornaments in this style, probably because my mother loves them also. Our family is very ornament-obsessed. Mom and I now give each other a new ornament every Christmas, so I will have a whole bunch on that day, someday, when I have a tree of my own, and Mom's tree won't look barren without all the ones that belong to me.

The sentiment is a peel-and-stick one that drove me a little crazy positioning it. I had to redo it a couple times because I started with the wrong word and, as they are not all connected, I discovered it was wrong after I had it almost all on!

The little gold ornament is one I cut out after embossing with the new CB holiday ornament folder. I love this thing!

Recipe:
Paper:
white cardstock, gold textured foil paper, holiday ornaments by Anna Griffin
Accessories: Magenta peel offs (Christmas sentiments), CB holiday ornaments folder, ribbon from Michael's


This card is one of the simplest I've made in ages, but I still really like it. I simply grabbed my gold foil textured paper and embossed it with the CB holiday ornaments folder. And as it was so pretty, and reminded me of really expensive wrapping paper, I wanted to pretty much leave it alone. I just needed some ribbon. I had a piece of white satin ribbon that had come on something or other and was, thus, free. Unfortunately it took me some work to find a long enough span that my cat had not destroyed. With a couple other people in my apartment lately it had gotten classified as a cat toy, unfortunately, and most of the ribbon is unusable. But I found enough. Unfortunately I discovered that Tombow glue is a bad idea with ribbon that is not all that thick and does become a bit sheer. Oops! But the tab I made helps. Again, more Peel Offs letters.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful..love that embossed foil...so elegant!

Janine said...

Beautiful!!! Doesn't that embossed foil look fabulous!!