Sunday, February 24, 2008

First post!

Welcome to my Blog!
After seeing all the fab blogs out there done by fellow card-making addicts, I thought I'd give it a shot, especially considering how inspired I am after seeing so many wonderful cards, recipes, sketches, and just committed crafters! So it's time to throw up some of my previous ideas just to share a bit!


Brown Fairy

This card was inspired by Stamp a Little Love Baby! by Cambria Turnbow. Her brown fairy card made me want to do my own! Especially when I remembered I had some fabulous fairytale paper! I absolutely love fairy tales, always have. The story on the right is the beginning of The Frog Prince.
The words on the little tags are "dream" "wish" "hope" as are on the original card by Cambria that inspired me. I just loved the sentiment.

Recipe
Stamp: really old fairy stamp I got as a kid
Papers: Once Upon a Time small and 8x8 stacks, light brown, tan, and brown cardstock
Ink: Brown stack from ColorBox, Black from ColorBox
Other: antique brass brads, brown ribbon, dimensional squares, spiral paperclip, detail clear embossing powder, watercolour pencil crayons, brown pen


Green Fairy

This is another variation I've done on the same card. This time I used some greens for variation. It seemed like an obvious choice to me and I love it almost as much as the original one I made. I also changed the words on the tags to "dreams" "come" "true." I thought that seemed to fit well with the fairytale theme. The brads are antique gold as well.



What's Mew?

I had seen a layout similar to this on the Lizzie Anne Designs sketchbook. The pun is from the SU! animal pun set and I thought it was cute so I kept it in mind. I pulled out an adorable little kitten which looks far too much like my own darling Book.
If I do this design again, however, I would definitely find ribon that contrasted more with the main designer paper.

Recipe
Stamps: kitten by All Night Media, alphabet from Walmart
Papers: white, pink and brown cardstock, red paper with swirls (any designer paper would be great)
Ink: black from ColorBox
Other: heart brad, pink and white stripe ribbon, detail clear embossing powder





Over the Moon!

I also pulled out another old stamp that made me think of another little saying. Cheesey, but I thought it was rather sweet.

I've recently rediscovered the joy of colouring and treated myself to a big set of watercolour pencil crayons for Valentine's Day (thanks mum and dad!). So now I've been trying to make sure I use them! They just go on so smoothly and there's the option of blending them if I want.

Recipe
Stamps: On the Moon by All Night Media
Paper: blue cardstock, white cardstock, rectangles with gold dots
Ink: black by ColorBox
Other: green ribbon from Michael's, dimensional squares, silver pen

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

Welcome to blogging! I just started mine in January and am having fun!