Saturday, September 13, 2008

New cards finally!

Well, I finally have some new things to show again! I have been feeling creative but finding myself without ideas of what to make. I appealed to my friends for help and they were happy to oblige! One friend requested some notecards. As her favourite colours are pink and orange I wanted to make ones that would show that. Sadly I was sort of lacking in orange paper that would go well with the pink, so I decided to tone it down just a little and use orange ink to stamp the flower on yellow paper. I like how it turned out. Embossing powder helped to bring out all the good stuff, along with some dewdrops. All 10 cards are the same, with relatively plain envelopes that will work well for mailing.

Recipe:
Stamps:
"just a note" by Studio G, flower by EK Success
Inks: orange and white by ColorBox
Paper: Pink dots by K & Company, green paper from a Walmart pack, yellow and white cardstock
Accessories: Fire dew drops, white and detail clear embossing powder, corner rounder, oval nestabilities.


My other card for today is a birthday card for a 15 year old girl who loves "spink." Sparkly pink, I was informed, is her favourite colour. So here it is. It took a bit of doing but I rather like how it turned out in the end. I started with a pale pink base card. The bottom of the front was scalloped with a corner rounder punch, then holes punched with a Crop-a-dile. I lined around the holes with my Sakura stardust pen. Beneath the base on the inside I put a strip of dark pink K & Co glitter paper that would make it all stand out. I put a matching piece along the top on the front, scalloped to mimic the bottom. I took a piece of darker pink cardstock and embossed it using a Happy Birthday CB folder. I grabbed an inbetween shade of cardstock for the top. Looking at it now I almost wish I'd stuck with the pale pink again, but oh well. It still looks good. The flower is from a glue rub-on and decorations set using the pink glitter. I topped it with a 1 and 5 from some CB letters which were decorated a bit more with my glitter pen. This was popped up on dimensionals. The oval I originally wrote on with a Quickie Glue pen and tried to get the glitter to stick to it, but the glitter just does not seem to stick well at all. I went over it with a Sakura glaze pen and it shows up much better now. This was also popped up on dimensionals. All in all, looks like a decidedly girly card!

Recipe:
Paper:
K&Co pink with glitter (glued the name to the card so I can't look it up!, 3 shades of pink cardstock
Accessories: corner rounder punch, crop-o-dile, Sakura stardust pen, glue rubons and pink glitter, dimensionals, Happy Birthday CB embossing folder, Sakura glaze pen in pink, dimensionals.

I have another project that I have almost finished: a notepad. I bought some cheap ones from Walmart and offered to decorate them for friends. One friend took me up on it and asked for one with magnets to stick to her fridge. I am now in the process of hunting out magnets to stick on the back that will hold it up! The magnets I have just aren't quite up to the job. But let me tell you, stamping 50 sheets of paper with a design has taught me to KISS (keep it simple, silly)! The next one I do for my grandma will be much less involved. But I like how it turned out.

Lovely weather lately, so hopefully everyone has been able to enjoy some of it! Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: