Friday, September 19, 2008

More Notepad Craziness


I just couldn't resist doing another notepad. Afterall, I had 4 more of them just sitting there! This one is for my grandma, the woman who shared her love of owls with me. I pulled out my Sassafras Lass Olivia and Oliver owl sets and went to work. This time I only stamped at the bottom of the page to keep the notepad together and for my own sanity! This was one of those times I hadn't quite planned out what I was going to do. I stamped the little purple owl on every page first. Then I looked at it and realized that a branch would be such a good idea. Silly me!

The branch is from Oliver & Pals and just the edge of it made it onto the pages. The green is very pale, but my grandma likes pastel colours and I didn't want to overpower the owls. I realized that the little purple owl looked lonely so I had to add a little blue one! Then I couldn't resist a silly sentiment. The "hoo!" is from Olivia & Friends, and the "yoo" are Martha Stewart letters. Sadly my "pink" ink looks a little purple. Definitely going to have to get a nice pink DewDrop sometime (I have one, but it is super pale), perhaps with the free $20 I have at Scrapbook Centrale for filling my loyalty card.

Here is a detail shot of the stamped image. I thought pale images would be nice for the notepaper so my Grandma could write over them if necessary and they would not overpower her note, because that is the important part!


A little proof that I did, indeed, stamp every page of this 50 page notepad! Much easier this time. I could have done it all at once if I'd been thinking right in the beginning, but oh well. I did it one colour at a time. Turned out cute in the end!

Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the lovely Fall weather!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Olivia & Friends and Oliver & Pals by Sassafras Lass, Martha Stewart Arial letter stamps
Ink: VersaMagic Spring Pansy, Aloe Vera, and Sea Breeze (mixed with another blue), ColorBox chalk ink in orchid pastel and blue lagoon.
Other: 50-page notepad from Walmart, patience

1 comment:

Janine said...

YooHoo!! Great job! Hope you are well. The weather here in London was FABULOUS all weekend.
Have a good one!!